Enterprise Business Capabilities Map
$2,999.00 – $5,999.00
The Capstera Enterprise business capabilities map is a comprehensive view of the enterprise, and a logical and intuitive decomposition of all business functions into a set of over 1000 granular business capabilities. Today, as most companies are in the throes of tectonic shifts and transformation due to globalization, demographic trends, and the digital revolution. The enterprise business capabilities model is an essential blueprint with a structurally sound and internally coherent business architecture model.
Today, every business has become a technology business and yet there remains a gap between what business wants and what IT teams enable. With the fast pace of innovation, the competition from both upstarts and established firms, companies the world over have to harmonize and align their business, and IT functions and foster a structured way to IT enable business needs. An enterprise capabilities map is an excellent starting point for such transformational endeavors with a stable and intuitive view of the enterprise functions. The enterprise business capabilities model is a comprehensive, customizable, and coherent deliverable that helps business architects, enterprise architects, CIOs, and business and IT leaders, in their quest for business and technology optimization.
What is an Enterprise Business Capabilities Map?
Capstera’s comprehensive and customizable enterprise business capabilities map is a model based on a generic large, and complex enterprise encompassing all aspects of the value chain. The enterprise business capability model has over capabilities often decomposed to level 3, 4 and 5 of depth and granularity.
The business capabilities encompass the following areas:
- General areas ~ 325 capabilities
- Corporate Functions:
- Marketing ~ 175 capabilities
- Finance and Accounting ~ 130 capabilities
- Supply Chain Management ~ 75 capabilities
- Customer Management ~ 100 capabilities
- Human Capital Management ~ 125 capabilities
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics ~ 75 capabilities
- Digital Transformation Capabilities ~ NOT INCLUDED, sold Separately.
The deliverable comprises of over 1250 business capabilities and includes the following formats:
- An Excel spreadsheet with the list capabilities. The spreadsheet also provides additional worksheets with templates for conducting a capability assessment as well as a template to map core associations.
- A PowerPoint format with the top three levels presented in a nested visualization.
- A Word document with capabilities in a multilevel list format.
- Plus several BONUS Deliverables
What is the Value of the Enterprise Capabilities Map?
A business capabilities model is a fundamental and foundational entity in the business architecture continuum. The Capstera Enterprise Business capabilities map encapsulates the essence of all business functions with a detailed, multi-level capabilities list.
There are several benefits from business capabilities, including, among others:
- Foster an alignment between business and IT using capabilities as a common language.
- Capabilities are structurally sound and internally coherent abstraction of business functions.
- A capability-based roadmap eliminates redundancy and replication and focuses on capability evolution
- Juxtaposing capabilities and systems/applications provides a footprint analysis and can lead to better application portfolio rationalization decisions.
|FREE BONUS Deliverables|
|Buy a Business Capabilities Map from Capstera.com and get the following FREE bonuses.|
|Business Architecture Uses Cases, Influence, and Impact - $10 Value|
|Business Architecture Leader - Role Description - $20 Value|
|Business Capability Profile Template - $10 Value|
|Business Architecture Framework Template - $10 Value|
|Business Capability Modeling Overview - $10 Value|
Example decomposition of a sliver of the Enterprise Capabilities Map:
The customizable enterprise capabilities list starts out listing the highest level value chain items:
- Develop and Manage Products and Services
- Market, Distribute and Sell Products/Services
- Manage Customer and Stakeholders
- Deliver Shared and Common Services
- Operate the Enterprise
- Enable Information Technology
Next, the capability model takes each of the areas and decomposes to granular and elemental building blocks across the enterprise value chain.
A Sliver of the Marketing Capabilities:
A Sliver of the Human Resources Business Capabilities:
The enterprise business capabilities map is a decomposition of up to level 3, 4, and 5 as necessary.
Created by business architects and domain experts, the Enterprise business capabilities list is detailed, in-depth, and conforms to the construct of MECE (mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive).
- We cannot accept refunds or returns as the products are digital deliverables.
- Please realize that in some circumstances, a generic capability model may or may not be fully applicable.
- We do not offer any implied or explicit warranties and whiteboarding on an as-is basis.
- The sale does not include customization or implementation help.
- Please review our standard terms of service
Need Customization Help?
Business Capabilities are an encapsulation of “What” a business does. Business capabilities are a foundational building block of business architecture and help provide a set of stable entities to model an enterprise.
The term “Rosetta Stone of business and technology alignment,” captures the value of capabilities succinctly.
In a vast and complex firm, a detailed capability model allows for mapping to technology components to understand the functional sufficiency and footprint of applications to meet business needs.
Instead of project-based requirements, capability anchored specifications help companies focus on capability evolution, not siloed project execution
Using capabilities as Lego blocks, business owners and product managers can communicate their needs better to allow for optimal technology enablement.
A detailed digital capability model helps in vendor evaluation and selection.
It helps you identify conflicts, overlaps, and redundancies and zero in on the weak areas to develop a roadmap to evolve the capabilities.
What are the benefits of a generic/sample business capabilities map?
A generic/sample business capability map jumpstarts the capability modeling and business architecture efforts. While our goal is to offer a set of capabilities that are 60-80% relevant, there is always that 20-40% that may need to be modified and customized to capture the unique essence of your enterprise. Also, having a pre-built sample capability model helps in a) not missing out on the core and distinct business capabilities and b) spend 80% of your time on the 20% of the capabilities that make you who you are!
Does Capstera help in customizing the sample business capabilities map?
Capstera team of experts have experience not only in creating a comprehensive and robust business architecture software but have built several capability models across functional areas and industry sectors. Given the business architecture and practical expertise, Capstera offers focused and accelerated customization services. Contact us for Advisory/Consulting Services.
Why should I pay for an enterprise business capabilities map?
The domain knowledge and intellect that went into constructing the capability models is very high. The cost is less than 2-hours of time for a moderately-priced consultant. Moreover, much less than the collective loaded costs of half-a-dozen people whiteboarding the capabilities over several sessions.
Consider the ROI:
- The time savings and acceleration a sample business capability model offers. Imagine the time it takes to conceptualize ~1250 business capabilities from scratch.
- The value of focusing on what makes you unique rather than work on the entire list of capabilities.
- The opportunity to do the day job rather than create a capability model from scratch.
Enterprise Business Capabilities Map
$2,999.00 – $5,999.00
Other Capability Maps You May Like:
Business Intelligence Business Capabilities Map$699.00 – $1,999.00 Select options
CRM Business Capabilities Map$699.00 – $1,999.00 Select options
Customer Management Business Capability Map$699.00 – $1,999.00 Select options
Finance Business Capabilities Map$699.00 – $1,999.00 Select options
Human Resources Business Capabilities Map$699.00 – $1,999.00 Select options
Marketing Business Capabilities Map$699.00 – $1,999.00 Select options
Supply Chain Business Capabilities Map$699.00 – $1,999.00 Select options