Digital Capabilities Map
Digital Capabilities Map
$699.00 – $1,999.00
Capstera’s Digital Business Capability map is an integrated and in-depth set of digital business capabilities which are the foundation of an overall digital transformation.
Capstera’s Digital Capabilities map is an integrated and in-depth set of digital business capabilities which are the foundation of an overall digital transformation. The digital capabilities map (or a digital business capabilities model) is a comprehensive list of multi-level and granular digital capabilities encompassing from strategy to implementation, from concept to operations.
A digital capabilities matrix is a must-have tool for business architects, enterprise architects, business executives, and technology leaders, and project teams to fathom the nuances of the essence of what digital transformation entails and focus on what is necessary for a given enterprise.
Today, digital is everywhere. Almost all companies, without exception, have been impacted by digital – whether it is social, mobile, analytics, cloud, internet of things or a combination thereof. A digital transformation is an epochal event, and the digital makeover is an all-encompassing and mission-critical endeavor. Digital business capabilities are a foundational component – like Lego blocks or bricks – which can be used to compose various digital business value streams or experiences.
A digital capabilities matrix is an integral part of the overall digital business architecture or a digital reference architecture.
Why is it so difficult for companies to realize the digital vision and compete with the digital natives?
There are multiple impediments to realizing the digital goals. Just saying, “We need to do digital,” is not sufficient to get the stakeholder buy-in as it seems millions are being spent on the same tag. Instead, indicating specifically, “Our company needs to invest in personalization tools to manage the online engagement for better conversion rate optimization,” can communicate the rationale much stronger. Identifying specific digital capabilities or digital capability clusters will help in determining specific technology solutions to help automate the digital processes and realize the digitalization capabilities.
Overview of the Digital Capabilities Map:
The digital business capabilities matrix includes the following formats:
- An Excel spreadsheet with a list of digital capabilities. The spreadsheet also provides additional worksheets with templates for conducting a digital capability assessment. It also includes a framework to map core associations.
- A PowerPoint format with the top three levels presented in a nested visualization.
- A Word document with digital capabilities in a multilevel list format.
|FREE BONUS Deliverables|
|Buy a Business Capabilities Map from Capstera.com and get the following FREE bonuses.|
|Business Architecture Uses Cases, Influence, and Impact - $10 Value|
|Business Architecture Leader - Role Description - $20 Value|
|Business Capability Profile Template - $10 Value|
|Business Architecture Framework Template - $10 Value|
|Business Capability Modeling Overview - $10 Value|
Value and Uses of the Digital Capabilities Map:
A business capabilities map is a fundamental and foundational entity in the business architecture continuum. The Capstera Digital capability map encapsulates end-to-end aspects of the Digital functions with a detailed, multi-level digital capabilities list.
There are several benefits of having a well-structured list of digital capabilities, including, among others:
- Foster alignment between business and IT using capabilities as an everyday language.
- Capabilities are a structurally sound and internally coherent abstraction of business functions.
- A capability-based roadmap eliminates redundancy and replication and focuses on capability evolution
- Juxtaposing capabilities and systems/applications provides a footprint analysis and can lead to better application portfolio rationalization decisions.
- Capabilities are a proxy for business services (either a cluster of capabilities or granular capabilities) which in turn can influence the composition, structure, and modularity of the Microservices.
Example from the Digital Capabilities Matrix:
(The example below is a sliver of the Digital business capabilities map.)
- Digital Capabilities
- Social Listening
- Structured information analysis
- Unstructured Information analysis
- Social Signals
- And Much More.
- Social Listening
(There are several more pillars and additional details in multiple levels of granularity.)
The digital capabilities map is a decomposition of up to level 2, 3 and four as necessary.
Created by business architects and Digital domain experts, the Digital business capability map is detailed, in-depth, and conforms to the construct of MECE (mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive).
How to build a Digital Transformation Roadmap using capabilities?
A digital capabilities list is an excellent starting point to build a digital transformation roadmap. Here are the summary steps:
- From the inventory of the digital capabilities, add/remove/refine the digital business capabilities that are relevant to your enterprise.
- Conduct a current state assessment on a variety of factors such as the strategic importance of the digital capability, the level of technology enablement, the resource adequacy, and the maturity of the underlying business processes.
- Envision the future state and determine the level of maturity and sophistication your company will need to achieve in specific digital business capabilities to accomplish the corporate vision and goals.
- Assess the gaps between the current state and the future target state and identify specific improvements you will need to get to the desired state.
- Conduct an impact analysis on people, process, capability, and technology to reach the desired digital state.
- Sequence the capabilities based on a variety of factors such as business value, technology complexity, cost, and competitive dynamics.
- Create a digital transformation roadmap using the digital capabilities as the building blocks.
- We cannot accept refunds or returns as the products are digital deliverables.
- Please realize that in some circumstances, a generic digital capabilities model may or may not be entirely applicable.
- We do not offer any implied or explicit warranties and is sold on an as-is basis.
- The sale does not include customization or implementation help.
- Please review our standard terms of service
Need Customization Help?