Capstera.com is an enterprise business architecture software which helps business architects envision, model and harness the components of business architecture and business capability mapping.
How is Capstera enterprise business architecture software different?
- Unlike traditional business architecture software tools, burdened by bulky frameworks and are complex and cumbersome, Capstera business architecture is conceived from the ground up to be business friendly and practical.
- Capstera business architecture software is focused on outcomes, not just artifacts
- Capstera takes business architecture software out of the ivory tower and makes it a tool for day-to-day use by the business and IT users. It is a process and a journey, rather than an event or a destination.
Capstera takes enterprise business architecture software out of the ivory tower and makes it a tool for day-to-day use by the business and IT users. It is a process and a journey, rather than an event or a destination.
What does Capstera enterprise business architecture software do?
- Map business capabilities at multiple levels
- Capture information and attributes about capabilities
- Document core business strategy
- Develop Value Streams (like Prospect to Customer; or Quote to Cash)
- Draft Process Maps (use BPMN notation or standard process shapes)
- Create a subject area model for data
- Write specifications to evolve capabilities and refine processes
- Visualize lenses and views such as:
- Capability to Applications
- Capability to Systems/Services
- Capability to Data
- Capability-based vendor evaluation
- Capability to Strategic Drivers
- Capability Technical Health check
- Capability Business Health check
- Capture enterprise information such as suppliers, partners, channels, stakeholders, roles and locations
Who are the typical users of Capstera enterprise business architecture software?
- The primary users are business architects and enterprise architects involved in the discipline of business architecture.
- The secondary users are the business product managers who leverage the business architecture components in a better business definition; and IT managers who leverage the better business definition to enable optimal IT solutions.
- Another type of users are the business and IT executives who are interested how execution is linked to strategy
What are the benefits of Capstera enterprise business architecture software?
- Instead of an adversarial relationship, business and IT can be aligned
- Instead of endless churn, specifications that are anchored to capabilities
- Instead of building more silos, IT enablement is done in a holistic and integrated manner
- Instead of adding to the IT landscape complexity, application footprint analysis can lead to portfolio rationalization