Capstera’s Business Capability Mapping Software Features are comprehensive and compelling:
Capstera business capability mapping software features are an integral part of the overall business architecture platform. The features and functionality are continuously evolving to meet the needs of business architects. Below are some of the essential capability mapping software features and functionality..
Capability Mapping Software Features:
- Create business capabilities using CSV and XML upload: Often, companies will have created capabilities using Office productivity applications or some other tool that is not extensible. Realizing the ground reality, Capstera offers the ability to upload a CSV or XML file of capabilities.
- Create business capabilities using a nested tree structure: For those users who are accustomed to using Word Processing software nested list feature, Capstera offers something similar, but even better. You can drag and drop to change levels, bubble edit specific spots, and manage the Capability tree with ease.
- Create business capabilities using a WYSIWYG canvas: For users who are more visually oriented, Capstera offers a gorgeous canvas to add, move, delete and embed business capabilities and create a cohesive capability map.
- Drag and drop interface to move business capabilities around: Capability mapping is never a one and done deal. For iterative refinement and constant tweaking, drag and drop features will come in handy.
- Ability to create up to 9 level capability model: A capability model at Level 1 and 2 is a strategic artifact, at levels 3-4 capabilities are a solution design inputs, and at levels 5 and beyond capabilities can become IT enablement entities.
- Add automatic numbering for business capabilities: Did you suffer through the indignity of changing each capability name and number by hand because you moved something around in an Office application? That drudgery is no longer required. You can drag and drop capabilities which automatically levels the capabilities and the numbering.
- Define multiple capability maps: Typically, an enterprise needs more than one capability map. While a company map may model the top level capabilities, business unit level or functional level capability models will be necessary to dwell deeper.
- Add definition and rich semantic details for business capabilities:
- Evaluation and multi-dimensional assessment of business capabilities: You can conduct an assessment of capability to evaluate their value and maturity, among other parameters. For Enterprise customers, Capstera offers additional flexibility and customization of evaluation parameters.
- Assign capability-level cost and budget information: Instead of project level budgets lacking transparency, Capstera allows you to add capability level budget allocations.
- Add Specifications (features and requirements) to evolve business capabilities:
- Map Relationships: Associate business capabilities to Applications, Services, Systems, Structure and other related entities.
- Views and Lenses: Develop business architecture views using business capabilities
- Collaboration: Collaboratively develop business capability models. Leave notes about a capability or engage in a capability map level discussion.
- Export your Work: Export as CSV, Save as PDF, and Export as XML
To experience the rich capability mapping software features, please contact Capstera for a Demo, or try our no-obligation Free Trial.